Direct Line: 606-224-2406
Whole Life Insurance Explained
The primary advantage of whole life insurance is protection for life – It doesn't expire or go down in value. Level Premiums – The premium you pay for your policy will never increase. Cash Value – A portion of your premium builds cash value that can be borrowed. To learn why life insurance is essential, click here.
Whole Life Insurance Example
For insurance companies, the cash value accumulation reduces their final amount of exposure.
Take this example. For instance, XYZ Insurance company issues a $20,000 whole life insurance policy to J. Doe, the owner of the policy and the person to be insured. Over some time, the cash value builds to $5,000. On Mr. Doe's death, XYZ Insurance Company will pay the full death benefit of $20,000. However, the company will only realize a loss of $15,000 due to the $5,000 cash value accumulated. The net risk at issue was $20,000, but at the insured's death, it was $15,000.
Many whole life insurance policies have a withdrawal clause, which allows the policyholder to cancel coverage and receive a cash surrender value.
Whole Life Insurance Pros & Cons
- Premiums are the same or fixed for the life of the insured it makes them predictable
- The beneficiaries receive the death benefit whenever the insured dies if the premiums are paid.
- The policy may build up cash value and grows tax-deferred.
- If you surrender or stop paying the policy at a later date, the cash value will be returned.
- If you do not continue making payments, you can receive the cash value or use it to provide a paid-up insurance benefit. The company must offer extended term insurance coverage or reduced paid-up coverage. They are not required to provide both options. However, many companies do make both available.
- A more complicated product than term
- Higher premiums than term life insurance.
- It could be costly if coverage lapses early.
Is Cash Value Life Insurance A Good Investment?
The whole life insurance rates chart below offers prices for males and females aged 35 to 75. These rates are obtainable to qualifying applicants in average or better health and do not require a medical exam. The insurance providers will electronically review your records before approval.
For Your Rate Click Here Now : $10,000 $15,000 $20,000 $25,000 $50,000
Whole Life Insurance Rates Chart – $5,000
*Displayed monthly rates are accurate as of 02/08/2021 and are provided for illustrative purposes only.
Simple Life Insurance Calculator
Quick Introduction to Whole Life Insurance - Whole life insurance lasts your entire lifetime and has fixed payments. Your whole life insurance policy will remain as long as you pay your premiums. Unlike other insurance options, whole life insurance premiums don’t increase with age and include an investment option that accrues cash when you pay into it.
Visit our website, Find Your Rate Here, No Obligation to use our Whole Life Calculators.
Whole Life Insurance Quotes Online Without Personal Information
Quick Introduction to Whole Life Insurance - Whole life insurance is insurance that lasts your entire lifetime and has fixed payments. As long as you pay your premiums, your whole life insurance policy will stay in place. Unlike other insurance options, whole life insurance premiums don’t increase with your age and includes an investment option that accrues cash when you pay into it.